Saturday

Riding to Discovery

Yesterday, after on a whim, Aaron throws the idea out to buy bikes, we did! :) The whole "finding a bike" process was not very easy since I am only 5 feet tall. The bikes were either WAY too tall, or the handle bars were too far out. I swear I'm cursed with everything because of my size. Anyway, after searching and falling into the racks while trying to get on and off the bikes (i'm all bruised up), we finally found one. Of course, it is a bmx bike since the mountain bikes are giants, but it is pink and black...and adorable :)

We took them out for the first time today :) Oh what fun! I have not rode a bike since I was 11 years old. But I got back on like I have been riding my entire life. That saying "you never forget how to ride a bike" really holds true I guess. Well after a few minutes my legs were killing me. They were burning and I felt like I could peddle any more. Of course, at this time, Aaron is not bothered at all. He's in better shape than me. I'm whining and he's telling me to "c'mon, you can do it." My legs felt like jell-o, but I managed to push on. And I'm glad that I did. Every time I wanted to quit, he would let me rest for a minute then say let's keep on going. It was great :)

What I am getting at is how Aaron motivates me. I dont ever want him to think that I give up when things get hard, because that is not typically how I am. But man did my legs burn! It was a lot of fun, and I got to see different parts of the area in which I live that I could not have gotten to in a car.

It was a good ride. A ride to discovery, not only of the area around me, but discovery of myself. :)

2 comments:

C. JoyBell C. said...

Oh....riding a bike...how wooooonderful indeed!!! Sigh! :)))

C. JoyBell C. said...

Sweetheart...yes, you HAVE been just TERRIBLE!!!! WHERE have you been??? So glad to have you back! Visit me often! love, C