Sunday

Miss Emerald Eyes

I am a pretty simple girl -- young adult -- woman? Some days and some moods, i'm not quite sure what label should be branded upon my name.

I want simple things, i really do. Laughter, love, family and friends is all anyone really needs. [it is all i need and desire.] As each day waves goodbye to my innocent self, i gain more insight into what life has to offer me. Or what i myself can bring to this life offered by the heavens.

I love to find beauty in nothing. I love to hear music in noise. I love to be simple in a world dying to be anything but something so unspecified. I am not a girl who stands out with an undying talent -- or who stops people in their tracks from breathtaking beauty. I am not the words on everyones tongues or someones breath of fresh air. My morals shape me -- my dreams inspire me to be better -- and my happiness is derived through love and the simplicity of life. I want so much and so little at the same exact time. Because to me, the things that mean everything are seen as nothing to all the people that pass me on the street. I am love. I am laughter. I am everything that everyone never notices.

Here I stand, no more than the little girl I used to be. I have a disney princess coloring book and crayons that lie on the table at my side, as i type away. Driving in the car, we pass a playground -- and i want so much to yell [STOP], because all i want to do is stop everything around me and play. i still pull things off the shelf walking down the toy aisle. i laugh at my own jokes and dance around my room to my own singing. See....i'm simple -- life just tastes better that way.

I'm more than what you see -- can you even see me, or do i remain invisible? i'm shy and timid -- just one of the many things i have not let go of from my childhood. sometimes i keep secrets with myself, because there is no one around to listen [at least not the kind of people that listen with their hearts.] at times though, i run from myself -- from the world. Simply because i can. i go to a place of beauty, a place invisible to everyone but me. i find comfort in the worlds' nothingness -- because it is something of my own, as if i dreamt it up and it melted from my brain onto the canvas only my eyes can see. Simple...

I will find beauty in what the world has casted as untouchable, because i put in use the ability everyone has, but chooses not to dust off. You see the stars -- i see the milky blackness that caresses them ever so softly. I see everything; i see the nothing in the unseen, the untouched. You dont see me...? Close your eyes -- imagine -- let the sun rise in your mind; im there.

I'm simple like the wind that blows the flowers from your hands -- like the pretty bow that gets tossed to the floor -- like the calm before the storm.

simplicity is rare in this glamour infused world -- but does that truly make it more desirable?

1 comment:

C. JoyBell C. said...

"Like the pretty bow that gets tossed to the floor" ...that's so lovely... :)