Wednesday

You're Beautiful...


...my curves...

I look in the mirror...only to pull at my clothes, my hair -- my flaws? Or are my imperfections what make me beautiful? Slowly...i'm starting to love myself for who I am -- even though it is imperfect. My body is not toned like models in the magazines...but maybe i like that. Who says curves cant be beautiful? I'm lucky to have a boyfriend who thinks i'm more than beautiful [this is of which he tells me daily]. I just wish that society would accept all shapes and sizes -- not just have ONE that is considered the ideal. And i wish that girls would accept themselves -- love their curves -- or for those who have no curves, love themselves for that too. It really got me to thinking a couple days ago when people at work were talking about my shape and I was like "...yea, my fat..." and they were like "NO...YOUR curves. You are like the brunette marilyn monroe." I couldnt help but feel good about myself. I wish every girl could just stop obesessing over their looks -- simply accept them and love them <333 <333 <333

1 comment:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

What a beautiful post and photo!!! My hubby enjoys my curves a lot more than the prison camp look I had when I married him. I looked awful in a teddy back then. Now I fill it out. :D Can't imagine how I was so thin. Guess I was working too hard.

Hugs, JJ